The cover finally went on the workshop/shelter that we built at our Greenwood Camp last summer. The first courses are going to be held there on 26/27th March.
We put tyres round the A frame legs, stood them on brick bases and filled the tyres with crushed terra cotta plant pots and dressed with pebbles.
Hopefully that will keep them well drained and stop them from rotting – just got to think of a way of pinning them to the ground and hope we don’t get any high winds before then!
I installed cable bracing to tension the structure using turnbuckles and tacked strips of carpet along the ridge pole to stop abrasion.
Gary and Jon and me hoisted the cover with barely a hitch…
The only problem we had was attaching the bungees with the system supplied. It killed our hands trying to fix it with those hooky things so we took it all off, got rid of them and laced it with just the bungee.
Then we had a beer to celebrate.